Functionality is available in the Pro edition
The Viewer allows you to create a surface for segmented structures in Volume Reconstruction
window and in Multiplanar Reconstruction window.
To set the export options, click on the arrow on the right side of the Create surface for current
structure button and select the Set surface creation parameters.... A dialog box, shown in
Fig. 6.8, will be displayed.
- The smoothness of the surface is defined by the Smoothing pass count parameter. At
zero value of the parameter form of a surface as close as possible to the structure. With
an increase in the value the surface roughness disappear.
- The maximum number of polygons is defined by the Max triangles count parameter.
Increase in the number of polygons increases the accuracy of the construction of the
surface. If the specified number of polygons is redundant or not sufficient for the
construction of the surface, the Viewer will use the value from the acceptable range that
is closest to a given by user.
- The thickness of the shell is defined by the Shell thickness(mm) parameter. If the value
is greater than zero shell has an inner and an outer surface. The both surfaces will be
exported to file.
- To create the surface only for the largest structure, check the Remove secondary
- If the Use current clipping box is checked, then the surface is built only for that part
of the structure, which is inside the cube. If the Clipping box tool is not active, this
parameter is not used.
To apply the settings, click OK. To cancel the settings, click Cancel.
To create a surface, click on the left side of the button.
Figure 6.8: Surface creation parameters